AECOM Purchasing Agent 2 - LASSO Contract in Kennedy Space Center, Florida
United States of America - Florida, Kennedy Space Center
Purpose and Scope:
Procure or oversee the procurement of all services, supplies, hardware, software, and other commodities required for company facilities and employees to function. Review the procurement process for adherence to company policies and government regulations.
1) Advise on the most efficient means of procuring items and applicable procedures. Counsel requestors regarding product availability and economic purchase factors.
2) Review incoming procurement requests for adherence to company policies and government regulations. Determine most effective method of procurement.
3) Coordinate the work flow and prioritize procurement requests among Junior Purchasing Agents. Review Junior Agents procurement and assist/train Junior Agents when necessary.
4) Prepare solicitation documents such as Request for Quote and Request for Proposal. Procure requested items adhering to the requirements specified including required delivery dates, description of items, quantity and quality of items. Negotiate price and/or terms and conditions where applicable. Prepare and/or approve documentation such as price analysis, vendor selection, lease versus buy analysis, operating versus capital lease analysis, sole justifications, market surveys, and best value and technical evaluations.
5) Track procurement for supplier compliance with negotiated terms and delivery dates. Coordinate returns and service problems with suppliers.
6) Establish new suppliers by interviewing prospective suppliers, monitoring their performance and providing improvement recommendations.
7) Monitor overall procurement procedures for possible improvements. Coordinate with company-wide procurement team to implement purchasing improvements including standardized forms, file organization, and documentation requirements
8) Comply with governmental law, Company and division procurement policies.
9) Maintain a filing system and responsible for communications and correspondence to and from customer regarding procurement matters.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Associate's degree and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Excellent oral and written communications skills; working knowledge with word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs and integrated software applications are required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance.
KSC purchasing experience a plus.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 199952BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.