AECOM Aircraft Mechanic 1 APG in Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
United States of America - Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
THIS IS A CONTINGENT REQUISITION
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 1 APG in support of U.S. Air Force aircraft support equipment at Eielson Air Force Base, AK. This position falls under a collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for inspecting, training personnel, and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance/modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Advise team members and solves unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test engines, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc.
1) Troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems. This mechanic repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
2) Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds equipment and engine components, fuel systems (including cells, tanks and fuel/metering control systems), and functional components using hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
3) Reads and interprets maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
4) Diagnoses malfunctions, isolate causes and correct breaks.
5) Performs 100-hour, progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections, examines engines for oil leaks, and listens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions, inspects jet engines and components for cracks, corrosion, foreign object damage, burned areas, distortions, security, warping, wear, and missing segments.
6) Replaces and repairs damaged components, uses hand tools, gauges, and tests equipment.
7) Inspects jet engine turbine blades to detect cracks, distortion, corrosion, burn-out, security, or breaks, tests engine operation, using testing equipment, such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, ammeter, and jet calibration (Jetcal) tester, to locate source of malfunction.
8) Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components, alternators, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, and engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment; removing engine from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck, disassembling and inspecting parts for wear, cracks, security, or other defects, and repairing or replacing defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
9) Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes. 10) Adjusts, repairs, or replaces instruments, electrical/electronics, fuel/oil systems and accessories.
11) Supervises the jacking and towing of aircraft, enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily, may service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition, may specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies, and may specialize in engine repair..
12) May be required to be licensed by Federal Aviation Administration.
Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Starting Pay 41.42hr
Base Housing Opportunity
No Personal tools required provided at the site
Overtime will be required on this task order
TDY's required to destinations like Guam and Australia
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs For further information call James D. Johnson at 678-489-3796* Minimum Requirements*
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school graduate or equivalent required. Five (5) years actual and recent, vehicle or missile, or related weapon systems experience desired; three (3) years required. The Aircraft Mech I technician will possess a minimum of 2AX5X equivalent experience. Must have one year experience on F-16 aircraft or other fighter type aircraft. Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to weapon systems and vehicles. Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit. Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles. Knowledge of sheet metal, properties of materials, fuels, and oils. Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components. Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud or unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
Fighter Aircraft experience required.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 199935BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.