AECOM System Administrator 3 in Dahlgren, Virginia
United States of America - Virginia, Dahlgren
AECOM is seeking a System Administrator for our Dahlgren, VA location. Duties include responsibilities as an Authorized User and executing a Privileged User Agreement. Must be capable of ensuring information systems are accredited and certified, and operated, used, maintained and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices. Coordinate with the ISSM for the security policies and safeguards on all personnel who access the information system, and provide to the ISSM input regarding configuration management. Conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with accreditation and certifications, and report security incidents and incident status.
1) Serves as shift lead for configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and analysis of data processing equipment.
2) Performs basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of Desktop and Server systems, Disaster Recovery Systems, switches, networks, video systems. Possess 6 years experience.
3) Performs help desk, system administration,
4) Prioritizes work center organization, equipment, and processes based on performance requirements and mission needs.
5) Reviews problem reports, assists with root cause analysis, and implements configuration and process changes.
6) Provides technical support to systems upgrades and configuration changes.
7) Assists in implementing software and firmware/hardware updates. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts.
8) Maintains knowledge of operations procedures and supporting documentation, and leads their development.
9) Ensures technical support is available for system administrators and maintainers in execution of administration and maintenance tasks.
10) Uses IT service management system and ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
11) Provides Client System Administrator (CSA) duties for specific mission systems that require specialized support.
12) Ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
13) Executes training and mentoring programs and practices.
14) Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Associate’s degree or equivalent in related field, or equivalent experience, and 6+ years of related experience.
Prefer a person who is a motivated/self-starter and can perform with minimum supervision
Position requires multi-tasking of several projects at a time.
Position requires the ability to acquire and maintain a Security Clearance.
Meets or exceeds DoD 8570 mandated certification and computing environment requirements (Security+ CE, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7,10)
Experience building, configuring, and managing virtual machines using VMware
Experience managing domain and local group policy
Experience building, configuring, and managing Windows server and clients
Experience working in tactical and combat system environments
Experience with STIG and ACAS
Minimal travel may be required for this position
Experience using DoD/DoN IA tools such as ACAS, SCAP, GARY, IPA, STIG Viewer, HBSS
Experience managing RHEL clients and servers
Experience configuring and managing patches and STIGs for clients, servers, applications, virtual machine, and network devices
Experience mitigating and remediating IAVAs and IAVBs by performing IAVM for networked and non-networked systems and devices
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 194287BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.