AECOM Information Management Quality Control (QC) Analyst in Arlington, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title Information Management Quality Control (QC) Analyst
United States of America - Virginia
The Information Management Quality Control (QC) Analyst will use their analytical skills to apply policy and procedures created by the client in conducting second-tier reviews on different review mediums (declassification, research, records management, security reviews, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)).
1) Analyze, research and make the final recommendation on classified and unclassified records.
2) Ability to perform a variety of information management reviews (declassification, FOIA, research, records management, security reviews).
3) Participates as a team member but also works independently to adjudicate decisions on documents (independent research is also required).
4) Proper understanding of document markings and ultimately proper handling.
5) Strong understanding of classification, declassification, and FOIA exemption categories.
6) Adept at recognizing actual and possible nuclear weapons and intelligence information in all types of documents.
7) Ability to correctly apply appropriate review guidance.
8) Ability to apply proper records management techniques to ensure the integrity of reviewed material.
9) Able to research information and ask questions to make informed decisions.
10) Ability to interact with the government client when necessary.
11) Leverages professional experience such as intelligence, military, operational security, or foreign affairs training while executing job responsibilities.
12) Leads and coordinates new analyst training.
13) Plans work, mentors and provides consistent feedback to junior and information management analysts.
14) Conducts reinforcement training for junior and information management analysts.
15) May be asked to lead small ad hoc teams of short duration.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in History, Political Science, International Affairs, Security Studies or related field of study and at least 1 - 3 years relevant experience; or 3 -5 years direct experience in declassification, research, FOIA, public policy, intelligence, military weapons systems, or records management/museum experience) may be substituted.
Experience in one or more of the following areas: working in a group environment, working either independently or under minimal supervision, working in a fluid setting. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
Position may require periodic travel within the National Capital Region.
Position requires a Top Secret Clearance
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 184610BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.