AECOM Director Operations in Aiken, South Carolina
Business Line Government
Position Title Director Operations
United States of America - South Carolina
AECOM is seeking a
Director, Operations to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
1) Responsible for the overall functioning and performance of the business segment or complex functional area/site.
2) In consultation with the operational managers, develops the basic objectives, strategies, and plans of the business segment; submits these to the President and General Manager for review and approval. Ensures adequate planning for future development and growth of the business segment, and participates in the preparation of division plans (e.g., two-year plan, strategic plan, etc.); periodically presents such plans for review and approval by the Corporation.
3) Directs the development and installation of a sound plan of organization, processes, and controls.
4) Appraises and evaluates the results of the business segment relative to established objectives regularly and systematically and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions. Reports results, issues, and concerns to the President and General Manager.
5) Participates in the investigations and negotiations pertaining to joint ventures, the acquisition of businesses, or the development of new market capability.
6) Delegates portions of activities, responsibilities, and authorities, as necessary and desirable, to operational managers and other staff. Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
7) Promotes effective communications throughout the business segment.
8) Ensures that all business segment activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
9) Represents the company as appropriate in its relationship with customers, employees, competitors, suppliers, government agencies, community organizations, professional societies and similar groups.
10) Provide business element strategic planning to include; (1) sales, marketing, and profit objectives; (2) indirect cost management; (3) facility operations; and (4) employee compensation objectives.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
15 years of progressive management experience; and excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
Must be articulate with executive presence, creative and forward-looking, clear thinker and decision maker, change agent, and have a track record of continuing education.
Position generally requires extensive travel.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
Masters degree and experience in a government contracting environment preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 186987BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.