AECOM Administrative Assistant in Aiken, South Carolina
Business Line Government
Position Title Administrative Assistant
United States of America - South Carolina
AECOM is seeking an
Administrative Assistant for a temporary assignment to be based in our Aiken, SC office. This is a temporary position, temp to hire opportunity depending on business needs.
Performs standard and advanced secretarial duties requiring considerable experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. Typically provides secretarial support to individuals responsible for managing operations or programs; responsible for providing support to executive staff by coordinating office services and handling administrative and office details.
1) Performs advanced administrative assistant duties for Executive –level management.
2) Manages the administrative and secretarial day-to-day activities including, but not limited to, providing required support to department members, ordering supplies and materials, coordinating any service or maintenance requirements, and handling office issues as required.
3) Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs.
4) Facilitates decision-making.
5) Coordinates activities across departments.
5) Schedules appointments, makes travel plans, arranges meetings, and prepares required materials. May attend meetings and record and report on proceedings.
6) Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls. Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries as appropriate.
7) Prepares and maintains work processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and/or other software files and information.
8) Prepares, proofreads and distributes letters, reports, briefings, proposals and other correspondence. Also, prepares special or on-time reports, summaries, analyses, or replies to inquiries under general direction.
9) Organizes and maintains departmental files. Opens, reviews and distributes incoming mail. Prepares and ships outgoing mail.
10) May distribute, tabulate and enter time sheets and staff expense reports.
11) Interfaces with other Administrative Assistants to share or coordinate workload.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
Requires advanced capability operating application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
The position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Must be exceptionally thorough with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Excellent written, verbal, telephone, communication and interpersonal skills.
Highly proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be US Citizen.
Prior Executive level experience.
Experienced in planning international travel and expense reporting.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Country United States of America
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 181696BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.